The Genomics Scholars Program
The Center for Vertebrate Genomics is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2012-2013 Genomics Scholars Awards. We received a variety of excellent applications and applaud all the applicants on their submissions. The variety of projects funded to date reflects the diversity of genomic research performed by the members of the CVG. Congratulations to this year's recipients:
- Mr. Adam Bisogni, graduate student, Lin laboratory, for "Combinations of delta-Protocadherins in Axon Guidance."
- Ms. Sara Cohen, graduate student, Denkers laboratory, for "Wnt/B-catenin Signaling During Intestinal Infection by the Protozoan Parasite Toxoplasma gondii."
- Ms. Ni Ye Feng, graduate student, Bass laboratory, for "Daily and seasonal changes in the molecular machinery supporting synchronous activity in a vertebrate vocal motor nucleus."
- Mr. Botao Liu, graduate student, Qian laboratory, for "Investigating translational reprogramming of mammalian genome during tissue differentiation."
- Ms. Aparna Mahadevan, graduate student, Kurpios laboratory, for "Organ-specific vascularization of the midgut is driven by the left-right signaling pathway."
The CVG will announce its next round of applications in Fall 2013.