- Stipend support for graduate students and postdoctoral associates through the Genomics Scholars Program. The training committee reviews applications twice per year, in October and February. Applicants conducting interdisciplinary research involving collaboration between labs will be favored.
- Teaching opportunities for postdoctoral fellows. The Center will seek opportunities for willing postdocs with consenting advisors to participate in teaching courses, primarily in the Genomics Minor. Funding is available to compensate postdocs and their host labs.
- Recruitment. The Center has placed advertisements in scientific journals to recruit postdoctoral fellows for its members. The Center also hosts graduate student recruitment events.
- Funding for student and postdoc travel to scientific conferences and courses.
Meetings and Symposia
- Monthly "Verge" lunch meetings featuring research presentations of members.
- Annual symposium with invited lecturers.
- Monthly journal club run by postdoctoral and graduate students.
- Seed funding for research projects. These will be typically in the range of $5,000-15,000, and designed to support the acquisition of preliminary data for grant applications.
- Instrumentation/shared resources. The Center will fund or subsidize the purchase of equipment, reagents, or technical support that is deemed valuable and timely for its Membership.
- Defraying of animals husbandry costs. Special circumstances deserving of remedy will be considered.